Chamber Music America’s New Jazz Works program provides grants to U.S. jazz ensembles to create, perform, and if desired, record new works. The new work may be composed by the ensemble leader or another member of the ensemble.
The Board of Directors of Chamber Music America has made diversity, inclusion, and equity a primary focus of the organization’s work. CMA’s goal in this program is, through the panel review process, to arrive at a final slate of grantees that is representative of the field in terms of race, gender, and style of jazz. Read CMA's Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity.
A component of the Doris Duke Jazz Ensembles Project, the New Jazz Works Program is funded by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation.
GUIDELINES and FAQs
DEADLINE: February 7, 2020, 9:00 PM ET
- Create a free Submittable account or log-in to your existing Submittable account.
- You may type directly into the online form or draft your responses in an offline document and cut/paste your information into the online application.
- To save the work you have done on your application, you must click the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the form before exiting. You may return to your saved application to continue working on it by following the log-in instructions. Submittable maintains your draft for 21 days. CMA recommends that you also save your draft in an offline document as backup.
- Prepare your attachments and name them as indicated on the application.
- Upload required files to online application.
- When the application is complete, click “Submit.”
- CMA will confirm receipt via email.