Chamber Music America’s New Jazz Works program provides grants to U.S. jazz ensembles to create, perform, and record new works. The new work may be composed by the ensemble leader or a member of the ensemble. Since 2000, CMA has commissioned 250 original jazz works.
Your ensemble must be an Ensemble-level CMA member to apply. To become a member visit: www.chamber-music.org or contact Membership Manager Geysa Castro firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the Guidelines for the 2021 New Jazz Works program before completing the application form.
A component of the Doris Duke Jazz Ensembles Project, the New Jazz Works Program is funded by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation.
GUIDELINES and FAQs
DEADLINE: February 12, 2021, 9:00 PM ET
- Create a free Submittable account or log-in to your existing Submittable account.
- You may type directly into the online form or draft your responses in an offline document and cut/paste your information into the online application.
- To save the work you have done on your application, you must click the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the form before exiting. You may return to your saved application to continue working on it by following the log-in instructions. Submittable maintains your draft for 21 days. CMA recommends that you also save your draft in an offline document as backup.
- Prepare your attachments and name them as indicated on the application.
- Upload required files to online application.
- When the application is complete, click “Submit.”
- CMA will confirm receipt via email.
Program: Gargi Shindé, (212) 242-2022, x103
Technical: Submittable Help Center