Ends on Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET
Chamber Music America’s Ensemble Forward program is an initiative for emerging ensembles that perform Western European classical and contemporary chamber music and are based in the five boroughs of New York City. The goals of this program are to support ensembles at a crucial time in their career development and to help them navigate an increasingly demanding cultural landscape.
CMA will provide grant funds for ensembles to work with an established chamber music coach to help them develop their distinctive ensemble sound; make career information resources available; and create networking opportunities for ensemble musicians to meet each other, as well as composers and presenters, further enlarging their professional circles. Now in its fourth year, two new program features are career training and advancement through CMA’s Learning Residentials and financial support for making a demo recording.
The Board of Directors of Chamber Music America has made diversity, inclusion, and equity a primary focus of the organization's work. CMA’s goal in this program is, through the panel review process, to arrive at a final slate of grantees that is representative of the field in terms of race and gender. Read CMA's Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity.
This program is supported by the New York Community Trust.
- The Ensemble Coach must be confirmed at the time of application and a Memorandum of Agreement must be signed between the Ensemble and the proposed Coach.
- The primary contact for the Ensemble serves as the main contact for the application.
- All applications must be submitted using this online application.
See guidelines and our application workshop for full eligibility requirements on our website.
DEADLINE: Thursday, October 5, 2023, at 11:59 PM ET (Late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted)
- Create a free Submittable account or log-in to your existing Submittable account.
- Complete this online form directly or draft your responses in an offline document as backup, then copy/paste your information into the online application.
- To save the work you have done on your application, you must click the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the form before exiting. You may return to your saved application to continue working on it by following the log-in instructions. CMA recommends that you also save your draft in an offline document as backup.
- Upload required files to online application.
- When the application is complete, click “Submit.”
- CMA will confirm receipt of your application via email.
Program: José Feliciano, CMA Director of Grant Programs
Technical: Submittable Help