Chamber Music America’s Ensemble Forward program is an initiative for emerging ensembles that perform Western European classical and contemporary chamber music and are based in the five boroughs of New York City. The program provides funds for the ensembles to work with established chamber music coaches to help them develop their distinctive ensemble sound; make resources available for building their careers; and create opportunities to expand their professional network.
The Board of Directors of Chamber Music America has made diversity, inclusion, and equity a primary focus of the organization's work. CMA’s goal in this program is, through the panel review process, to arrive at a final slate of grantees that is representative of the field in terms of race and gender. Read about CMA's Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity.
- The Ensemble Coach must be confirmed at the time of application and a Memorandum of Understanding must be signed between the Ensemble and the proposed Coach. If you are seeking assistance in identifying a coach for your ensemble, kindly contact the CMA program team at email@example.com.
- The administrative leader for the Ensemble serves as the main contact for the application.
- All applications must be submitted using this online application.
- See guidelines for full eligibility requirements.
GUIDELINES and FAQs
DEADLINE: October 8, 2021, 9:00 PM ET; Late submissions will not be accepted
- Create a free Submittable account or sign in to your existing Submittable account.
- You may type directly into this online form, or draft your responses offline as a backup, then copy and paste your information into the online application (using Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs, etc).
- Upload required files to online form.
- To save the work you have done on your application, you must click the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the form before exiting. You may return to your saved application to continue working on it by following the log-in instructions. CMA recommends that you also save your draft in an offline document as backup.
- When the application is complete, click “Submit.”
- CMA will confirm receipt of your application via email.
Program: Gargi Shindé, firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical: Submittable Help