Presenter Consortium for Jazz
provides support to consortiums of three U.S. presenters that collectively engage up to three professional U.S. jazz ensembles (consisting of 2-10 musicians each) to perform at each presenter’s venue. Incentives are available to each consortium member that invites one of the 212 CMA New Jazz Works grantee ensembles
to perform its entire CMA commission.
The Board of Directors of Chamber Music America has made diversity, inclusion, and equity a primary focus of the organization’s work. CMA seeks to fulfill its vision for the future, where people of all races, religions, genders, and abilities are able to fully participate in the performance, presentation, and enjoyment of the many styles of small ensemble music. Therefore, CMA’s goal in this program is, through the panel review process, to arrive at a final slate of grantees that is representative of the field in terms of the race, gender and the style of jazz of the ensembles that the consortium partners have chosen to present. Read CMA's Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
.A component of the Doris Duke Jazz Ensembles Project,
Presenter Consortium for Jazz is funded by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
The Lead Presenter submits one Consortium Application containing information about each Consortium Partner.
DEADLINE: October 1, 2017, Midnight, ET
- Presenter Partners must provide the required information to the Lead Presenter.
- All Partners must be in full agreement with the contents of the application.
- CMA will contact the Lead Presenter regarding any issues or concerns related to the application.
- The application must be submitted using the online system.
GUIDELINES and FAQs
- Create a free Submittable account or log-in to your existing Submittable account.
- You may type directly into the online form or draft your responses in an offline document and cut/paste your information into the online application.
- To save the work you have done on your application, you must click the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the form before exiting. You may return to your saved application to continue working on it by following the log-in instructions. Submittable maintains your draft for 21 days. CMA recommends that you also save your draft in an offline document as backup.
- Prepare your attachments and name them using the formats indicated in each section of the application.
- Upload required files to the online application.
- When the application is complete, click “Submit.”
- CMA will confirm receipt via email.
Program: Gargi Shindé
, (212) 242-2022, x103
Membership: Aryo Wicaksono
, (212) 242-2022, x114
Technical: Submittable Knowledgebase