2024 Conference Session Proposal
In preparation for its 2024 Conference, CMA invites speakers to propose sessions on topics such as new trends in audience engagement, digital technology and streaming services, equitable practices among artists and organizations, continued pandemic recovery efforts, or other topics relevant to the field.
Proposals should have clear objectives with tangible takeaways relevant to the ensemble music community. Proposals should not promote or sell products and/or services.
In conjunction with CMA’s equity initiatives, consideration will be given only to session proposals whose panels are representative of the variety of races, genders, and abilities that comprise the professionals active in today’s chamber music field.
NOTE: As of March 2023, CMA's 2024 conference is scheduled to take place in person in New York City, January 18-21, 2024. If selected, you will be asked to present in person in New York City.
Lecture (with a single speaker) or Panel Discussion (with one moderator and up to three panelists)
PROPOSING A SESSION
The proposal must include:
- session title and format;
- short description of session deliverables;
- proposed participant names as well as a 50-word biography and headshot for each participant;
- special considerations or needs.
If a proposal is selected for presentation, the primary speaker or moderator will be responsible for organizing the session and must participate in one pre-conference orientation call with CMA staff.
NOTE: If your proposal is accepted, all speakers will receive complimentary registration to the conference. However, CMA does not reimburse for speaker travel and accommodations.
CMA will assign session times and include the session description and panelist bios in the conference program materials.
EXTENDED DEADLINE: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 11:59 PM ET
- Create a free Submittable account or log in to your existing Submittable account.
- You may type directly into the online form or draft your responses in an offline document and cut/paste your information into the online application.
- To save the work you have done on your application, you must click the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the form before exiting. You may return to your saved application to continue working on it by following the log-in instructions. CMA recommends that you also save your draft in an offline document as a backup.
- Upload required files to online application.
- When the application is complete, click “Submit.”
- CMA will confirm receipt via email.
Technical: Submittable Help Center