Music America’s Classical Commissioning Program provides grants for the commissioning and performance of new works by American composers to
professional U.S.-based presenters and ensembles whose programming includes
Western European and/or non-Western classical and contemporary music. The
program supports works scored for 2–10
musicians performing one per part, composed in any of the musical styles
associated with contemporary classical music.
Board of Directors of Chamber Music America has made diversity, inclusion, and
equity a primary focus of the organization's work. CMA seeks to fulfill its
vision for the future, where people of all races, religions, genders, and
abilities are able to fully participate in the performance, presentation, and
enjoyment of the many styles of small ensemble music. CMA’s Board of Directors
has adopted the acronym ALAANA (African, Latinx, Asian, Arab, and Native
American) for use in its equity focus. Read CMA’s Statement of Commitment to Diversity,
Inclusion, and Equity.
and ALAANA composers have historically been under-represented in the Classical
Commissioning Program. Given its commitment to equitable grant
making, CMA’s goal is to award a majority of the grants to ensembles and presenters
who apply with women and ALAANA composers.
GUIDELINES and FAQs
- All applications must be complete and submitted by the deadline using the online system.
- The composer and any guest artists must be confirmed at the time application.
- The applicant serves as the main contact for the application and the grant, if funded.
DEADLINE: April 29, 2018, Midnight, ET
- Create a free Submittable account or log-in to your existing Submittable account.
- You may type directly into the online form or draft your responses in an offline document and cut/paste your information into the online application.
- To save the work you have done on your application, you must click the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the form before exiting. You may return to your saved application to continue working on it by following the log-in instructions. Submittable maintains your draft for 21 days. CMA recommends that you also save your draft in an offline document as backup.
- Prepare your attachments and name them as follows: Applicant Name—Type of Attachment (e.g., ABC Ensemble—Memorandum of Understanding)
- Upload required files to online application.
- When the application is complete, click “Submit.”
- CMA will confirm receipt via email.
Program: Susan Dadian
, (212) 242-2022, x102
Technical: Submittable Help