Chamber Music America’s 2020 Conference Committee invites speakers to propose 75-minute sessions and workshops on a range of topics.
Proposals should not promote or sell products and/or services.
The CMA Board of Directors has made diversity, inclusion, and equity a primary focus of the organization's work. Accordingly, CMA believes that the discussion of any topic will benefit from a diversity of perspectives that are represented by a variety of races, genders, abilities, style of music, and function within the small ensemble music field. Therefore, priority consideration will be given to sessions whose panels are representative of this variety. (Read CMA's Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity.)
Lecture or Panel Discussion (75-minute session with a single speaker or panel with one moderator and up to three panelists)
PROPOSING A SESSION
The proposal must include:
- session title and format;
- short description of session deliverables;
- proposed participant names as well as a 50-word biography and headshot for each participant;
- special considerations or needs.
If a proposal is selected for presentation, the moderator will be responsible for organizing the session and must participate in one pre-conference orientation call with CMA staff.
NOTE: If your proposal is accepted, moderators and panelists will receive complimentary registration to the conference; please be advised that CMA does not reimburse any session participants for travel and/or accommodation expenses.
CMA will assign times and locations; publish the session description in the conference program; publish brief bios of session panelists; and, if live music is performed, provide a piano, standard drum kit, bass amp, chairs, and music stands as needed.
DEADLINE: Friday, June 14, 2019, 9:00 PM ET
- Create a free Submittable account or log-in to your existing Submittable account.
- You may type directly into the online form or draft your responses in an offline document and cut/paste your information into the online application.
- To save the work you have done on your application, you must click the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the form before exiting. You may return to your saved application to continue working on it by following the log-in instructions. Submittable maintains your draft for 21 days. CMA recommends that you also save your draft in an offline document as backup.
- Upload required files to online application.
- When the application is complete, click “Submit.”
- CMA will confirm receipt via email.
Program: Chamber Music America